We respond to inquiries with a short phone or email conversation to determine if we are the right design firm to complete your project. We discuss the job, how much you plan to invest in your project, preferred time-frame, our fee structure, and options for working together (see Services).
If it makes sense to proceed, Fresh Kitchen & Bath Design schedules a one-hour complimentary meeting in your home to discuss the project in detail. We will also establish the initial scope of work, clarify your needs and budget, and define preferences. It’s important to us to learn about you, your family’s lifestyle, and how you imagine yourselves using the space.
When you commit to working with us, we will develop a letter of agreement to be signed by all, including the agreed-upon scope of work to be done. Once the appropriate fees have been collected, we will measure the space and begin working on concepts.
- Full Service Design: a non-refundable project initiation fee, based on scope of work and applied to design time on your project, is due before work begins.
- Design Consultation: a non-refundable project initiation fee of $400 is applied to design time on your project and due before work begins. Subsequent hours are available in 2-hour blocks.
- Time is billed at an hourly rate for both full service and consultation design. Billable time includes meetings; measuring; drawing time; evaluating materials; visits to showrooms, suppliers and dealers; shopping, online or in person, with you or on your behalf; and any activity directly related to your project.
Payment Terms for Purchases
Payment terms may vary based on item and project scope, but the following breakdown is typical. All items are non-refundable custom orders specifically for your project:
- Cabinet purchases less than $2000 require 100% payment prior to order.
- Cabinet purchases $2000 and above require a 50% deposit prior to order, with balance of 50% due when delivery is imminent.
- Lighting and accessory purchases require 100% payment prior to order.
Any purchases you make directly through approved and/or non-approved vendors are subject to vendor requirements and beyond our control.
Please note that we do not provide installation
We collaborate with local installers and trade professionals to achieve what we envision. Whether you choose full service design or consultation services, Anne works with your contractor/remodeler to help ensure the installation process goes smoothly and help resolve any hiccups along the way.