We respond to inquiries with phone and email conversations to determine if we are a good fit for your project. We discuss the job, how much you plan to invest in your project, preferred time-frame, our fee structure, and options for working together (see Services).
If it makes sense to proceed, Fresh Kitchen & Bath Design schedules a two-hour design consultation in your home to see the space and discuss the project in detail. Our goal is to establish the initial scope of work, clarify your needs and budget, and define preferences. It’s important to us to learn about you, your family’s lifestyle, and how you imagine yourselves using the space.
When you commit to working with us, we issue a letter of agreement to be signed by the designer and clients, including the agreed-upon scope of work. Following receipt of the non-refundable project initiation fee, we measure the space and begin working on concepts. The fee is based on the scope of work and credited to design time on your project.
We have three basic phases in full-service design projects, and there is overlap between the first two:
- Develop Concepts/Select Appliances — Present different layout and space planning options. 3D modeling and perspective drawings “show you” layout and appliance options.
- Finalize Design/Select Materials — Provide more detailed drawings, consider material options, and finalize appliance and cabinet decisions.
- Construction — Begin demolition of existing space and bring new vision to life.
It is not unusual to work on Phases 1 and 2 concurrently, as these two items are closely related and affect total project costs. For example, we may initially develop a layout that accommodates wall ovens, a cooktop, and your desire to knock down a wall. With 3D models and perspective drawings, you can “see” if it makes better sense to go with a range and keep the wall.
A picture is worth a thousand words and you can see for yourself whether materials work together, the fridge fits in the space you want to place it, or the layout is functional.
Phase 3 will go smoothly if Phase 1 and 2 are complete and agreed upon before demo begins.
- Full Service Design: Deposit for Bathrooms: $1000 and up. Deposit for Kitchens: $1500 and up. Following receipt of the project initiation fee, Fresh Kitchen & Bath Design issues monthly invoices until the project is complete. Billable time accrues at our current hourly rate.
- Billable time includes all meetings (in-person, phone, email, text); measuring; drawing time; evaluating materials; visits to showrooms, suppliers and dealers; shopping, online or in person, with you or on your behalf; job-site visits; and any activity related to your project.
- Design Consultation: $300 for up to two-hours in your home, due at time of service. Additional time is available at our current hourly rate.
- Exterior Paint and Roof Coordination: $$350 for up to 2 hours at your home, due at first meeting. We will provide up to 3 color schemes for your exterior using Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams paints. Additional time is available at our current hourly rate.
Payment Terms for Purchases
All purchases are non-refundable. Cabinets are built to the specific parameters of your project and cannot be returned. Payment terms may vary based on item and project scope, but the following breakdown is typical:
- Cabinet purchases less than $2000 require 100% payment prior to order.
- Cabinet purchases $2000 and above require a 50% deposit prior to order, with balance of 50% due when delivery is imminent.
- Lighting and accessory purchases require 100% payment prior to order.
Any purchases you make directly through approved and/or non-approved vendors are subject to vendor requirements and beyond our control.
Please note that we do not provide installation
We collaborate with local general contractors, installers, and trade professionals to bring your new plans to life. When you choose full service design, Anne works with your contractor/remodeler to help ensure the installation process goes smoothly and help resolve any hiccups along the way.