We respond to inquiries with a phone or email conversation to determine if we are a good fit for your project. We discuss the job, how much you plan to invest in your project, preferred time-frame, our fee structure, and options for working together (see Services).
If it makes sense to proceed, Fresh Kitchen & Bath Design schedules a two-hour design consultation in your home to discuss the project in detail. We will also establish the initial scope of work, clarify your needs and budget, and define preferences. It’s important to us to learn about you, your family’s lifestyle, and how you imagine yourselves using the space.
When you commit to working with us, we will develop a letter of agreement to be signed by all, including the agreed-upon scope of work to be done. Once the appropriate fees have been collected, we will measure the space and begin working on concepts.
- Design Consultation: a two-hour meeting in your home for $250, due at time of service. If you decide you would like to continue with full-service design (see Services), the consultation fee is applied to your project, if you commit within 6 months of the original consultation.
- Exterior Paint and Roof Coordination: up to 3 hours for $350, due at first meeting. We will provide up to 3 color schemes for your exterior using Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams paints. Additional time is available at our current hourly rate.
- Full Service Design: projects are billed at an hourly rate, following receipt of a non-refundable project initiation fee. The fee is based on the scope of work and credited to design time on your project.
- Time is billed at our current hourly rate for Full Service Design. Exterior Paint and Roof Coordination and Design Consultation that continues beyond prepaid timeframes is also subject to hourly billing. Billable time includes all meetings (in-person, phone, email, text); measuring; drawing time; evaluating materials; visits to showrooms, suppliers and dealers; shopping, online or in person, with you or on your behalf; and any activity directly related to your project.
Payment Terms for Purchases
Payment terms may vary based on item and project scope, but the following breakdown is typical. All items are non-refundable custom orders specifically for your project:
- Cabinet purchases less than $2000 require 100% payment prior to order.
- Cabinet purchases $2000 and above require a 50% deposit prior to order, with balance of 50% due when delivery is imminent.
- Lighting and accessory purchases require 100% payment prior to order.
Any purchases you make directly through approved and/or non-approved vendors are subject to vendor requirements and beyond our control.
Please note that we do not provide installation
We collaborate with local general contractors, installers, and trade professionals to bring your new plans to life. When you choose full service design, Anne works with your contractor/remodeler to help ensure the installation process goes smoothly and help resolve any hiccups along the way.